There are no charges or contract period when registering as a charity or community interest company on the CharitySaver website, however there are certain conditions, which we have set out below.
In the context of this document, the words “charity” and “charities” refer equally to a charity a Community Interest Company (CIC) or charitable Non-Profit organisation.
- CharitySaver makes no guarantee as to the number, or value of donations the charity may receive via CharitySaver.
- Charities that register on the CharitySaver website are recommended to make their membership known to their supporters via their website and normal communication methods in order to gain maximum benefit from their registration. To aid them in this respect they are allowed to display the CharitySaver Member logo on their website and CharitySaver will supply, on request, draft social media templates for the charity to use or adapt. The charity is unlikely to receive the full fundraising benefit of the CharitySaver website if it does not direct donors to the website.
- CharitySaver will carry out marketing to attract new donors to the site, but whilst CharitySaver has international reach it does not warrant, guarantee nor accept any obligation that such marking will attract donations to any specific charity listed on the site. Attracting donors and donations to take full benefit of listing on the CharitySaver site, and the financial savings therein, shall remain the responsibility of the charity.
- It is the responsibility of the charity to ensure that it’s information is current, and to make any changes necessary via the charities dashboard. In respect of donations paid, CharitySaver cannot accept any responsibility where the charity has provided incorrect bank details, or failed to advise of any change in bank details.
- In the event of a donation payment being made to an wrong bank account due to incorrect bank information being supplied by the charity; CharitySaver will attempt to recover the monies from the bank, but shall bear no liability should the monies be unrecoverable. Should monies go to a wrong account, not owned by the charity, as a result of an error by CharitySaver, then CharitySaver will replace such monies to the charity regardless of any recovery attempt made to said bank account.
- CharitySaver will pay donations collected, less any applicable card processing fees, to the charity on a twice monthly basis, calculated on donations received between the 1st and 14th of the month, and the 15th to the last day of the month. Payments are normally made by the end of the following week and are subject to a de-minimus level of £50. Where donations are under the de-minimus amount, such donations will be rolled over until the amount due for payment has reached the de-minimus amount. In the month of December there will be only one payment of donations collected for the charity due to the Christmas holiday period. Please note that our card processing provider charges a premium of 2.5% on payments by corporate cards and 1.25% on non-EU/UK credit cards, in such cases we reserve the right to pass this charge on at our discretion.
- Where you request goods or services via our enquiry form or via CharitySaver by any other means, any resulting agreement/contract is between yourselves and the CharitySaver partner providing said goods/services. In the event of any dispute CharitySaver is happy to mediate but shall not incur any liability in respect of the transaction(s) between the charity and the service provider and any such mediation shall be at the discretion of CharitySaver and without legal liability.
- Where a charity requires CharitySaver to make Gift Aid claims on their behalf, it is the responsibility of the charity to ensure that the necessary tax account information is supplied to CharitySaver in advance.
- CharitySaver applies an ethical standard to charities that list on the CharitySaver website. We do not accept discrimination of age, race or gender, neither do we accept actions designed to restrict or remove free speech. CharitySaver reserves the right to remove a charity from listing on our site where we believe it has acted contrary to our ethical standard. We also reserve the right to remove charities that are inactive, where we believe a charity is no longer operating, or where we believe the operators/trustees are running it for personal gain.