How to Install a Custom Donate Button
If you plan to edit your website, you will need to have an administrator-level login to your site’s content management system (CMS), such as WordPress, or access to the website’s FTP files. A desktop computer is the easiest to use, but mobile devices can also be used.
Click the style/colour of the button you want to place – note how the example changes colour.
By clicking the Copy Code button, the HTML code will be placed in your clipboard.
Paste the copied code into the appropriate place on your website, such as a footer or sidebar.
Option 1: With WordPress
The below method should work on most WordPress sites.
- Go to Appearance, then Widgets in the dashboard once logged into your WordPress account as an administrator. You should see various ‘widget’ areas on the main screen, such as ‘Sidebar’. When you click on the “+” sign, you can add a widget block.
- Select HTML/ Custom html.
- Place your cursor over the “Write HTML” placeholder.
- Windows users should press Cntr + V, and Mac users should press Command + V.
- To see the result of the code, please select a preview tab.
- To save the changes, click the ‘Update’ button at the top right of the screen.
- You will now see the button when you visit the front-end of your site if your theme uses that widget area.
Option2: With FTP
- Download the HTML file in which you want to place the button, such as footer.html, using your preferred FTP client.
- To upload the file, paste the code into the file using a text editor (Ctrl + V on Windows or Command + V on Mac). Check the website front end for the changes.
Option 3: With Help
You may attach the copied code to an email message and send it to your web developer or administrator if you are unable to use the above techniques. Paste the copied code (Ctrl + v on Windows or Command + v on Mac) into an email and send it.